Tuesday, 16 June 2009

iPhone 3.0 Software Release

Its coming tomorrow! (YaY). As much as I'd love to write a post about the fantastic features in this release, I'm in an unfortunate position of knowledge from an upgrade perspective. Upon contacting O2 regarding the upgrade to the 3GS (http://www.apple.com/iphone/) I have found that all exhisting customers need to pay off the rest of their current contract :-o

This will (I'm sure) create a lot of disgruntuled O2 customers. iPhone contracts are 18 months, and they must know that Apple will release new hardware every 12 months...placing us (the exhisting customers) in a bit of a quandry...especially as ontop of getting out of the contract I have to purchase the phone AND put myself back in the current position I find myself in and sign up to another 18 month contract.

I'm waiting to see what happens, I'm sure that this won't be the case in a few weeks.

Interesting read around this topic: http://tinyurl.com/lu2aob

No comments: